Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Ali Kiba: Huwa Nasikiliza Nyimbo za Mwanamuziki Diamond Platnumz

Ali Kiba received a king’s welcome when he
arrived in Kenya for the third cycle of the Coke
Studio Africa Recording earlier this week, but
that was nothing compared to the love that
Kenyans on social media showed him as he
was interviewed by Lillian Muli for #OneonOne
.
His name shot to the top of the trends as
Kenyans on social media reminisced on his
golden oldies like Cinderella and Mac Muga.
Requests also came streaming in for his new
hits Mwana and Chekecha Chekechea.
Kiba, who recently came back to the music
scene after a three year hiatus, walked away
with six prestigious trophies at the 2015
Kilimanjaro Awards beating internationally
acclaimed artist Diamond Platinumz.
Speaking candidly during the Citizen TV
interview on Friday night, Kiba rubbished
claims that he won the Kilimajaro awards
unfairly.
“I feel like I am the best and I deserved the
awards that I won. My fans missed my music
and they voted for me. That is why I won six
out of the seven categories that I was
nominated for,” he said.
When asked about his relationship with
Diamond, Kiba refuted rumors that they two
are on bad terms.
“Don’t believe what you hear out there. There’s
no beef between me and Diamond, and there
has never been. I can assure you that Diamond
and I have never fought over anything,” he said
emphatically.
He however intimated that he gets irritated
when people compare him to the Mbagala
singer.
“I am me and Diamond is Diamond. We each
have our own musical styles. I do my music in
a way that only I can. So, I will not feel that
because Diamond is out there doing collabos
with others that I must do the same,” he said.
He was also quick to refute claims that he
dedicated his new hit single Mwana to
Diamond, but he admitted that he does listen
to his Diamond’s songs.
In addition to his music, Ali Kiba is
campaigning for conservation of Africa’s
wildlife alongside Oscar Award Winning Actress
Lupita Nyongo. SOURCE: CITIZENS TV